The formulation of dressing code for the elders by home health in Houston TX is designed to be skin and health friendly. At the same time the garments have to provide protection from winter cold, summer heat, infectious elements in the air and other weather elements. One way you can ensure is by choosing the right combination of garment materials, number of layers and protective properties.
Home health in Houston TX – Choose the Material
Winter and fall: – Nylon, wool, polyester, leather, silk and velvet are some of the recommended materials to be used in the elders dress materials. You need to make the selection based on the indoor and outdoor garments. Since it is important to preserve the body temperature, you might choose the combination of leather and wool (for the internal layering) for the jackets. Besides you can use the combination of wool for head and hand protection. Wool is also high heat preserver for the trousers. This is for the outdoor garment. For the indoor garments you can choose wool, cotton and silk for making of dress materials. They keep the body warm and ensure smooth air circulation to let the skin breathe.
Summer: – Cotton is the most commonly preferred yarn for the summer senior garments. Make sure they are in thin layers with sufficient number of micro level pores in them. This ensures circulation of cool air, letting the skin breathe fresh oxygen. At the same time they absorb the heat and sweat from the body and keep the body at normal temperature.
Spring: – The probability of pollen and other allergens contacting the elders’ skin is high during spring. So you need to choose something which offers protection from such infectious elements. Polyester, nylon and cotton can provide the best protection.
Senior Clothing – Nylon for All Seasons
Senior Clothing – Nylon is a semisoft material which gets further softened by frequent wear and wash. It can also reflect the UV radiation and heat from the sun. When it is used with cotton and wool as the interiors, the garments are good enough for all the seasons.
- Nylon is used for making t-shirts, jackets, formal shirts, women’s top etc.
- Nylon jogging pants, formal trousers and other types of bottom wear offer complete weather protection.
- Select the materials which have combination of nylon with cotton, wool, leather and silk for maximum weather protection.
Nursing Home versus Assisted Living –Difference is in the Heart
- Nursing home versus assisted living At the nursing home your elders get professional care which serves their everyday needs. They get the right kind of clothing on time. At the same time they miss their home and feel the foreignness which might not be favorable to them in the long run.
- Assisted living is more personalized in nature. The caretakers come to your home to treat, feed, bathe, dress and perform other tasks as required. The elders experience more privacy but they also start getting lonely. You can choose the one in which your elders remain comfortable and healthy during all the seasons.